Believing that each person possesses God-given strengths and abilities, Gospel Assembly Christian Academy enrolls and educates students ranging from Kindergarten through Twelfth grade. Committed to preparing students for responsible Christian citizenship in their communities and in the world, Gospel Assembly Christian Academy seeks to provide a climate of learning in which students identify and accomplish their God-given goals within the context of a dynamic spiritual and academic community.
In affirming our Biblical identity, the curriculum and activities that are offered by Gospel Assembly Christian Academy are designed to help excite students about their potential as learners, as leaders, and as followers. They are intended to provide opportunities for students to develop a Biblical view of the issues and challenges which confront society, to promote an appreciation for the dignity and worth of each student, and to foster a sense of responsibility to God and community in which they live and interact.The educational climate at Gospel Assembly Christian Academy is developed around The Word of God and a designed curriculum, which is intended to provide the framework and context within which students pursue their spiritual and educational goals.
Gospel Assembly Christian Academy is directly affiliated with Gospel Assembly Church, a Pentecostal, non-denominational church located in Des Moines, Iowa. The school was founded in 1973 by Dr. Lloyd Goodwin who sought to provide a Christ-centered educational alternative for the educational members of the church and community. We are a non-accredited institution staffed by certified teachers; giving us flexibility in fulfilling the needs of our students through the use of Christian curriculum. Our graduates have been accepted in every college and university they have desired to attend and have gone on to have successful careers.
Functioning within the Christian tradition, we value and affirm the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We are dedicated to the development of the whole student—mind, body and spirit—for the fulfillment of God’s will, the support of our neighbor, and the preparation of church and community leaders who are committed to truth, excellence, and ethical values. As part of that effort, we provide opportunities for our students to develop a sense of vocation and responsibility that is fostered by learning, serving the church community, and worshipping together.
The Mission of Gospel Assembly Christian Academy is:
- To ensure that each student comes to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, achieves a higher level of Christian maturity, attains a deeper commitment, and becomes a more effective witness.
- To emphasize the individuality of the individual and to assist each student in properly responding to themselves, and to others; to develop self-confidence, individual God-given talents and abilities in creativity, goal-setting, forecasting, communications, academics, and the principles of success.
- To promote self-discipline by training students to be relevant, consistent, appreciative, and responsible in attitude, character, and actions.
- To assist each student in seeing their purpose for life’s service, and necessary preparation for eternity through emphasis upon Biblical relevance.
- To help each student learn how to live to honor the Lord by meeting daily responsibilities with which God has entrusted them.
True education is learning how to live! To see life from God’s point of view! “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” (Proverbs 22:6). This cannot be obtained by creating a false dualism in the child’s mind. He must see God as the center of his life and in all his learning and achievements. Gospel Assembly Christian Academy affirms both its mission of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a traditional instruction program designed and implemented to properly train students for life.
The Christian school is the church in action! It is an extension of the Christian home in training young people for time and eternity in a Christian environment. Let Gospel Assembly Christian Academy be the school of choice in the education of your children.